How do I change my default Web browser?
You may use any browser that you like with BlueLight Internet (such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Google Chrome), but you can only designate one default browser. When you click on an advertisement in the Companion bar the page will be opened in your default browser. If you would like to use a different browser, you will need to change the default browser setting.
A. If you want Internet Explorer as your default browser:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- From the Tools menu, select Internet Options.
- Select the Programs tab.
- Click Make Default button under Default web browser section to setup Internet Explorer as your default web browser.
- Check the box next to When Internet Explorer starts, prompt me if it's not the default web browser.
- Click OK.
The next time you launch Internet Explorer, a window will appear asking you if you want to set it as your default browser. Click Yes.
B. If you want Google Chrome as your default browser.
- Go to Google Chrome click on Wrench icon.
- Select Settings.
- In Default browser section click on Make Google Chrome my default browser.
C. To make Firefox your default browser
Note: BlueLight Internet is not affiliated with the site above and is not responsible for the information provided. We are offering this link as a convenience for those users who feel comfortable following the instructions. However, any questions regarding this process should be directed to the site above or to Netscape directly.
- Launch Firefox, click on Tools and select Options
- Click on the Advanced icon, then click the box next to Always check to see if Firefox is the default browser on startup
- Exit Firefox, then restart it.
- Firefox will ask if you want to make it your default browser. Click Yes to enable.